Although currently the iPhone is widely used to surf the web and send messages through iMessage or Whatsapp. But the telephone function still gets a large portion.
Now, when using this function, of course, we will always access the contact list in the phone book. It’s just because of the many, accounts that we enter, we often find contacts that are not known or have a double name.
So that the contact list is neater and maximally used, this time we will explain how to manage the contact list on the iPhone. There are several steps, but all of them are quite easy to do.
Unifying Multiple Contacts
Accidentally we often save people’s contacts that are actually already on the iPhone. As a result, you find the contact list of the same person more than one.
Luckily iOS 8 allows us to unite the same two contacts. This contact is called Link Contact, how to use it as follows:
- Choose a contact list that has a lot of duplication
- Press the Edit button at the top right of the screen
- Scroll down and tap Link Contacts
- Select another contact in the list.
For example, you entered the wrong contact, we can restore it to the beginning. You do this by pressing the red minus button on the wrong name earlier.
Not many people know that iOS 8 supports nicknames on the contact list. Adding a nickname will make it easier for you to send messages. You don’t need to type in your full name, just enough nickname is enough.
How to add a nickname to a contact:
- Open one of the contacts you want to put the nickname on
- Press the Edit button
- By default, the Nickname column will not appear. Then you have to scroll down until you find the Add Field button. Press the button
- On the Add Field screen, press Nickname
- Return to the contact editing screen. Put a nickname on the contact.
Adding a photo to contact will help identify when they call. Because the photo will be displayed on the screen. Besides these photos will be seen in the Message application when you send messages to each other.
We can manually add photos to contact. You do this by pressing the Edit button on one contact. Then press on the Add Photo circle, you will immediately have the option to shoot directly from the camera or take photos stored on your iPhone.
iOS 8 also offers a way to automatically use profile photos on Facebook. The method is as follows:
- Make sure you are logged into your Facebook account. If not open Settings then select Facebook.
- After logging in, on the Facebook settings screen, tap Update All Contacts. Facebook will match the contact list on the iPhone with the data. If there are the same contacts, Facebook will update the contact’s photo.
Alternatively, we can also use photos from a Twitter account. The way to integrate this Twitter account is the same as Facebook.
We must first enter into a Twitter account. After logging in, select the same Update Contact option. After Twitter scans for information, when there is a matching contact, the photo will be immediately pinned.
iOS provides many information columns on the contact list, such as adding an address or date of birth. Indeed this requires a long time.
But if there is free time, there is no harm in updating the information. So as not to bother typing. It should be done through a computer because it is more convenient to type using a keyboard.