Memory full! That’s the annoying thing that iPhone users often complain of mediocre storage. Sometimes these conditions are due to the amount of cache and temporary files stored on the iPhone.
If it is left full continuously the impact will reduce the performance of your iPhone. Well, so that this does not happen, it is recommended to frequently free up storage space.
There are several easy ways that can be done, namely:
1. Force Restart
This method, often called a cold reset, can help clear temporary files and cache. To run force restart, press and hold the power and home button for a few moments until the Apple logo appears. It is recommended to do a force restart once a week to be safe.
2. Removing Cache Through Settings
Some applications provide controls to clear cache via Settings. It’s just that iOS doesn’t differentiate between which apps provide control, we have to check one by one. The steps are as follows:
- Enter Settings.
- When using iOS 9, choose General -> Storage -> iCloud Usage. If iOS 8, select General -> Usage -> Manage Storage, we will see a list of applications installed on the iPhone. The list is sorted by how much the application takes up storage space.
- If you want to clear the cache, open an application. Then press Delete or press Edit -> Delete All
3. Removing Cache Through Application
As mentioned earlier, some applications do not provide cache control in Settings. They provide these settings in their respective applications.
To clear the cache through the application generally can be done via Settings. For example Tweetbot, we open Settings, then press an account. Then, press the Reset Account Cache.
4. Reinstall the Application
This method will clear the storage space significantly. But before doing so make sure the data in it has been backed up to another place first. The steps are as follows:
- Press and hold the application icon on the Home screen. After the icon shakes, press the X button in the top left corner of the icon to delete the application.
- Open the App Store and enter the Purchased section. We can re-download applications that have previously been installed, both free and paid.
This method will clear all cache and make the device recover fast. But before resetting, do a backup via iTunes or iCloud.
After that, open Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings -> Erese iPhone. When the reset process is complete, install the required applications and synchronize with iTunes.
There are a number of applications that help us organize storage space on the iPhone. Some that are worth a try include Phone Expander, PhoneClean, iFunBox, iMazing and Decipher Phone Cleaner.
7. Disable iOS Features
By disabling a number of features on iOS we can free up storage space, some of which
- Photo Stream, how to Settings -> Photos & Camera -> My Photo Stream -> Delete.
- Keep Normal Photo, how to Settings -> Photos & Camera -> Keep Normal Photo, slide the switch to the left.
Apart from that, there’s nothing wrong considering:
- Removes custom dictionaries.
- Turn off high-quality voice in VoiceOver.
- Disables system languages when not in use.
- Limit Background App Refresh.
- Delete the email account to remove attachments.
- In the Messages settings, select the option to not save photos or video attachments.
- No less important to delete the album Recently Delete in the Photo application.